- This event has passed.
BTC 101: Understanding Bitcoin
Saturday January 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm MST |Recurring Event (See all)
One event on Saturday March 23, 2019 at 9:00am -
One event on Saturday March 23, 2019 at 9:00am
Email changed communications drastically. Messages were sent and received instantly, from anywhere in the world.
Before email, people didn’t even recognize the drawbacks of the old communications system. Once email became widely adopted, the drawbacks were instantly obvious, and we’ve never looked back.
The same is true of our current system of money today. Most people don’t stop to think about the drawbacks of our current monetary system, but a new technology is already beginning to change that. This new technology—called Bitcoin—is rapidly changing the way we view money.
Bitcoin. Ethereum. Hyperledger…. With all the cryptocurrency buzzwords flying around, it can be hard to get to the core of all of these technologies.
This course will explain the broader view of what Bitcoin is, represents and, give you a layman’s view of how it works. We’ll go over how exactly you can obtain Bitcoin, store them safely, spend them, and even create them yourself. Bitcoin is quite a complicated subject with many facets, each a complex and deep topic on their own.
Our intent with this course is to give you everything, and all the knowledge you need to know in order to understand the system and get started with Bitcoin today!
In this 1 day structured, instructor-led, hands-on training course, you will learn what Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are, how it works, and how you can get started using and investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other blockchain based coins and tokens. You will learn how to buy and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum, and most importantly, store your acquired coins safely.
Included with your investment in this class you will receive and leave with::
- Approximately $50 in cryptocurrency is delivered in class. You will be credited $50 toward a Coinbase account, which we will set up during the class. With these coins, we will make some transactions, including purchasing other coins that will be yours to keep at the end of the class.
- A Coinbase account with several Bitcoin wallets and at one other major cryptocurrency exchange. If you already have accounts with these exchanges, your existing account can be used in class, if you prefer.
- Master the fundamentals of Bitcoin and other blockchain based cryptocurrencies and tokens in this easy instructor-led hands-on training class.
- Get the peace of mind of knowing you have safely and wisely learned to purchase, send, receive, trade and invest in Bitcoin using a hardware wallet (if you have one) or a Coinbase wallet, created during the class.
- Learn to avoid scams and hacks and properly use Bitcoin and blockchain based technology.
- Learn to be a wiser and better-informed investor of all forms of cryptocurrency bu observing key metrics.
- Gain insights and hands-on exposure to the latest advances in Bitcoin and blockchain based technology.
Overview of Learning Objectives
- Understanding the basics of Bitcoin and blockchains
- Basics about investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies (including tips on avoiding scams)
- Opening and using an account with major cryptocurrency exchanges and services including how to deposit and withdraw funds
- Sending and receiving Bitcoin and altcoins
- Client and wallet management and key security issues
- Using Bitcoin to invest in other cryptocurrencies (such as Ethereum, Litecoin, and others)
- Terminology and concepts used in blockchain and cryptocurrency
- How blockchain transactions and distributed ledgers work
- Understanding and managing transaction fees
- Bitcoin commerce including accepting Bitcoin as payment for products and services
- Understanding the major differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum (including ETH and ETC) as well as other blockchain based altcoins and tokens
- An introduction to developing with Bitcoin and Ethereum including creating your own token or altcoin for personal or business use
- An introduction to mining cryptocurrencies and mining pools
- An introduction to some of the legal, accounting and tax issues and regulations affecting the use of blockchain based technology
Who Should Attend
This class is for anyone interested in learning how to safely use and work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. While appropriate for beginners with no previous experience, those who have already gotten started with Bitcoin will learn best practices and many useful tips and techniques. If you have intentions to invest in or would like to learn more about how to safely use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, then this course s for you!
- Anyone with a curiosity about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Accountants, controllers, and consultants.
- Banking and financial services professionals.
- Government officials and employees including regulators and law enforcement (AFMLS, FBI, DOJ, etc.)
- Professors, teachers, and educators
- Support and call center professionals working in Bitcoin startups
- IT professionals and project managers involved are interested in blockchain pilots and initiatives
- Sales & marketing professionals involved in Bitcoin or blockchain companies
- Enthusiasts, investors, and traders.
- Attendees should be familiar with basic computer operations like opening files, otherwise, we assume that participants have zero knowledge about Bitcoin technology and therefore previous experience with Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies is not required.